Kern County provides health plan coverage to eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Employees may choose from five medical plans. Medical plans include prescription drug coverage that allows employees and their dependents to obtain covered prescriptions at discounted rates from a plan participating pharmacy. The prescription drug benefit may also include a mail-service component that allows employees to acquire covered prescriptions at an even greater discount. See plan summaries for details for each health plan.
Employees may choose from two dental plans; A preferred Provider (PPO) plan and a HMO type plan.
Vision coverage is provided to employees and their eligible dependents who are enrolled in any of the County's medical plans (Kern Legacy Share Select, Kern Legacy Network Plus, Kern Legacy Max Choice, Kern Legacy Classic Choice, or Kaiser Permanente). The vision plan is provided through Vision Service Plan (VSP).
- Kern Legacy Share Select - High Deductible EPO Plan
- Kern Legacy Network Plus - Exclusive Network Health Plan
- Kern Legacy Max Choice - Anthem Network EPO Health Plan
- Kern Legacy Classic Choice - Anthem Network POS Health Plan
- Kaiser Permanente
- Independence PPO Dental Administered by Liberty Dental (formerly UHC PPO)
- Liberty Dental Plan DHMO (formerly Pacific Union Dental)
- Dental Plan Information