New Hire Health Plan Enrollment: Medical, Dental and Vision
Kern County has multiple options for employees to consider for medical, dental, and vision coverage. If you have coverage from another employer sponsored health plan, you may choose to decline coverage. Failure to select from one of the options will lead to auto-enrollment in the lowest-cost plain option available.
Complete your New Hire Plan enrollment form through our secure online enrollment portal within 20 days of you date of hire.
- New Hire Health Plan Enrollment Packet - Use this form if you wish to enroll in benefits with the County of Kern.
- New Hire Declination of Coverage Packet - Use this form if you wish to decline benefits with the County of Kern. In order to decline coverage, you must be enrolled in another employer-sponsored health plan.
Benefits Effective Date
Health benefits coverage will go into effect the first day of the biweekly pay period following one month of continuous service, beginning on the day the employee physically reports to duty in the benefits-eligible position.
Health Plan Cost Comparison
Summary of Benefits and Coverage Plan Information
Kern Legacy Share Select - High Deducible EPO Plan
- 2020 Kern Legacy Share Select SBC
- Kern Legacy Share Select Web Site
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
Kern Legacy Network Plus - Exclusive Network Health Plan
Kern Legacy Max Choice - Exclusive Network Health Plan
Kern Legacy Classic Choice - Anthem Network POS Health Plan (formerly County of Kern POS)
- 2020 Kaiser Permanente Traditional HMO SBC - Southern California (PDF)
- 2020 Kaiser Permanente Traditional HMO SBC - Northern California (PDF)
- Kaiser HMO Plan Web Site
Liberty Independence PPO Dental Plan
A 'Preferred Provider' (PPO) plan. This plan pays 90% of the costs (after deductibles) for work done by in-network dentists and 70% of the costs for work done by out-of-network dentists.
Liberty DHMO Cobalt Plus Dental Plan
An HMO-type plan under which the employee selects one permanent dentist from a pre-approved list and has cost limits
Vision Service Plan (VSP)
Policies & Notices
Employee Assistance Program
Balancing the demands of life can be stressful - the good news is we can help. Your Employee Assistance Program is available to help you take control of your life! Through Anthem Blue Cross, County employees and their dependents can access three free counseling sessions, per incident, to help through the tough times.