County of Kern Health Benefits Eligibility Policy for Active Employees (PDF - revised 3/2015): For eligible, active permanent or contract County employees and for active employees of participating Special Districts with combined County medical/dental/vision benefits.
County of Kern Health Benefits Eligibility Policy for Participants without Active Employee Medical Coverage (PDF): For County or Special District Retirees with medical or dental coverage and for active employees of participating Special Districts with dental or vision benefits but no County medical coverage.
Health Benefits Eligibility Policy for Extra-Help and Temporary Employees Not Otherwise Eligible for Health Benefits (PDF): For eligible Extra Help and Temporary employees.
- COBRA Notification (PDF)
- Medicare and Prescription Drug Coverage Notice (PDF)
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (PDF)
- Lifetime Limits (Elimination) (PDF)
- Patient Protection (Primary Care Physician/OB-GYN) Disclosure (PDF)
- Extension of Dependent Coverage to Age 26 (PDF)
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) (PDF)
- Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage (PDF)
- Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee (PDF)
- Family Care, Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDF)